A Fabulous First Year and Beyond: A Practical Guide for Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers
About the Book
A Fabulous First Year and Beyond will help you better understand the unique challenges faced by teachers of the youngest grades.
Your first year in pre-k or kindergarten can be tough, even if you have previously taught other grades. Don’t get taken by surprise, prepare in advance so you never miss a beat.
Discover the secrets to a successful first year and beyond; learn how to prepare for the first day, establish routines and procedures, manage transitions and much, much more.
You shouldn’t have to waste time reinventing the wheel, just keep it rolling using the ideas found in this book as your wheel.
Who Should Read This Book?
- Are you a new Pre-K or Kindergarten teacher?
- Were you recently re-assigned to teach Pre-K or Kindergarten and don’t know what to expect or where to start?
- Are you tired of all of the vague, general advice out there that doesn’t really apply to the youngest grades?
- Do you want practical advice from a real teacher that will help you prepare for a successful first year in your Pre-K or Kindergarten classroom?
What the Book is NOT
- Generic, watered down advice to suit all grade levels
- A set of lesson plans or curriculum (if you’re looking for curriculum resources you can find some here)
What You Will Learn
- Tips for arranging your pre-k or kindergarten classroom
- How to prepare for and host a successful “Meet the Teacher” event
- Tips for receiving and organizing student supplies
- Preparing cubbies and backpacks
- How to create helpful name tags that won’t fall apart
- Tips for lesson and long term planning
- Step-by-step directions for preparing for a substitute teacher
- Bulletin board and decor tips
- Creating a daily schedule
- Tips for a successful center time
- Tips for establishing routines and procedures
- What to expect on the first day of school
- How to introduce centers to students
- Tips for smooth transitions
- Strategies for classroom management
- How to handle fire and emergency drills
- Success on the playground
- How to prepare for and conduct successful parent conferences
- Strategies for successful home visits
- Tips for communicating with parents
- Advice for working with students who are second language learners
Order the Book
Order your copy of A Fabulous First Year and Beyond on Amazon today!
For printables to accompany the book visit the Pre-K Pages Store.
New Teacher Links
More Teaching Tips from Pre-K Pages