Dry Erase Crayons
Welcome to Workshop Wednesday! As promised, today I’m going to share with you something new I discovered at the I Teach K! conference in Las Vegas.
As I was browsing the vendor booths in the exhibit hall I ran across the Resources for Reading booth and saw something that piqued my curiosity, they are called Crayola Dry Erase….Crayons! I got an adrenaline rush just thinking about the benefits of this wonderful new product. We will no longer be subjected to that horrible, headache inducing smell every time we use dry erase markers in the classroom, no more stained clothing, no more dried out markers, no more flattened tips- those Crayola people are genius!
To answer your questions about the new Crayola Dry Erase Crayons:
- No, they don’t smell at all.
- Yes, they erase easily, you don’t need to be Superman to erase.
- You can erase with a sock or a regular eraser.
- There is a built in crayon sharpener in the box.
- Each box comes with a fabric mitt you can use for erasing. The material is soft and kind of shiny, like the cloth you use to clean your glasses.
- The crayons don’t erase instantly like regular dry erase markers do. For example, if a child writes on the board with a dry erase crayon and then holds the board to his or her chest the writing won’t smear off like it does with regular markers.
Neither Resources for Reading nor Crayola have paid me in any way for this post; I chose to feature this product and website because I feel they may be of interest to the readers of this blog. However, if either company would like to donate a few boxes as prizes for my loyal readers I wouldn’t object 🙂