As I was browsing the vendor booths in the exhibit hall I ran across the Resources for Reading booth and saw something that piqued my curiosity, they are called Crayola Dry Erase….Crayons! I got an adrenaline rush just thinking about the benefits of this wonderful new product. We will no longer be subjected to that horrible, headache inducing smell every time we use dry erase markers in the classroom, no more stained clothing, no more dried out markers, no more flattened tips- those Crayola people are genius!
To answer your questions about the new Crayola Dry Erase Crayons:
- No, they don’t smell at all.
- Yes, they erase easily, you don’t need to be Superman to erase.
- You can erase with a sock or a regular eraser.
- There is a built in crayon sharpener in the box.
- Each box comes with a fabric mitt you can use for erasing. The material is soft and kind of shiny, like the cloth you use to clean your glasses.
- The crayons don’t erase instantly like regular dry erase markers do. For example, if a child writes on the board with a dry erase crayon and then holds the board to his or her chest the writing won’t smear off like it does with regular markers.
Neither Resources for Reading nor Crayola have paid me in any way for this post; I chose to feature this product and website because I feel they may be of interest to the readers of this blog. However, if either company would like to donate a few boxes as prizes for my loyal readers I wouldn’t object
If you enjoyed this post please forward a link to your friends or use the buttons below to share the link on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites. To receive daily blog posts featuring ideas from Pre-K Pages please subscribe and they will be delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Remember, once you subscribe you will have to verify your subscription so make sure to check your inbox and spam folder for the verification e-mail.