Preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten printable classroom newsletters.
As teachers it is our job to keep parents informed about what is happening in the classroom.
Using a classroom newsletter will help:
- Increase parent attendance at school events
- Increase attendance at parent-teacher conferences
- Increase response to requests for money or supplies
- Keep your parents informed of classroom and school news
- Increase responses to requests for volunteers or field trip chaperones
There are many ways to communicate and share classroom information with parents, the most popular method is a weekly or monthly classroom newsletter. Many preschool and kindergarten teachers write newsletters with varied results. The teachers who experience the most success with newsletters are those who follow this simple formula:
- Send newsletters on a consistent basis. Either weekly or monthly but always on the same day.
- Break up text into small, bite-sized chunks using text boxes.
- Use clip-art to add meaning to the text and make the newsletter more appealing to your readers, this will also help your parents who are not native English speakers.
- Introduce and explain the newsletter to the parents at your open house or orientation event and show examples.
- Publish exciting news about individual students in your newsletter to engage your audience (birthdays, honor roll, thank you)
- Keep electronic copies of all newsletters so you can re-use clip-art and ideas from year to year.
- Never write your newsletters by hand.
The 119 page Newsletter Packet in PDF includes templates for each month of the year including June, July, and August. The templates are in PDF and include fillable fields so you can type in your own text to personalize the newsletters.
This document contains 5 different newsletter templates for you to choose from:
- Choice #1: Classroom newsletter templates with section headers and clip art (no birthdays version)
- Choice #2: Classroom newsletter Templates with clip art and editable section headers, may be used for another language or for those who prefer to personalize the section headers with their own text
- Choice #3: Classroom newsletter templates with section headers and clip art (includes birthdays section)
- Choice #4: Classroom newsletter templates with month names, but no clip art in the text boxes. Section headers are shaded black, with white text.
- Choice #5: Classroom newsletter templates same as #4, but section headers are not shaded and text may be changed to colors
Each of these choices includes extra versions of certain months, such as December, which contain holidays. The clip art on these pages was chosen to be acceptable for use in public schools and/or programs that do not celebrate certain holidays.
119 page Newsletter Packet in PDF includes templates for each month of the year including June, July, and August. Templates are in PDF and include fillable fields so you can…
Please read the Product FAQ’s before you make a purchase. Upon purchasing you will immediately receive a download link to retrieve your product. Please make sure you have the appropriate program on your computer to open this PowerPoint file. All orders are sent digitally; you will not receive anything in the US mail.
More Teaching Tips from Pre-K Pages