Home visit tips for teachers
Printable Home Visit Packet
Everything you need to conduct successful home visits for your Head Start, Pre-K, Early Childhood, or Early Intervention program.
As a former Head Start teacher I know from personal experience that Home Visits can be very challenging. Organizing, preparing for, and conducting home visits can be exhausting and overwhelming. Teachers have many questions and concerns when conducting home visits such as:
- What questions should I ask the parents?
- What if I am uncomfortable or scared?
- How can I prepare for home visits?
- How long should a typical home visit last?
- Should I bring anything for the children?
Home Visit Help
Based on my experience and the questions above I have developed ten pages of valuable information and tools to help you conduct effective home visits. The ten page Home Visit Packet will help teachers:
- Feel more at ease with the Home Visit process
- Save time by providing you with pre-made forms and a schedule to track and organize your visits
- Create fun, unique activities for the child to participate in during the home visit
Download the ten page Home Visit Packet below:
The ten page Home Visit Packet in PDF includes:
- Home Visit Introduction: Provides the definition, purpose, and benefits of conducting Home Visits.
- Home Visit Tips: Practical advice that will help you feel more at ease with the Home Visit process and avoid common mistakes. Also included is a list of what you should do during the visit.
- Fun Activities: Ideas for helping you form a bond with the child when you visit the home that will ease separation anxiety on the first day.
- Schedule: Keep track of and organize your home visits with this form.
- Student Information Form: Gather important information from the parents with this professional looking form.
- Student Profile Form: This is a great way to find out about any concerns the parent may have about the child but might not know how to address. The form includes questions covering a wide variety of areas such as behavior and developmental delays.
- Bonus Form: This additional form is a great way to show the parents you value and respect their input.
Download the ten page Home Visit Packet below