Martin Luther King Jr. Day is January 15. Below are 10 links with ideas for your classroom as you talk about this important man and his legacy. Celebrate this holiday with one of these Martin Luther King preschool activities or ideas.
Celebrating Martin Luther King In Preschool
2. Martin Luther King Day Songs and Rhymes (Living Montessori Now) – I’m sharing free songs and rhymes for a very special holiday in January … Martin Luther King Day.
3. Martin Luther King Jr Day Activity for Kids (No Time for Flash Cards) – A great activity to have your little ones learn about MLK and how they would change the world and make it a better place.
4. Martin Luther King Day Books (Pre-K Pages) – Books for your preschoolers to learn about MLK and celebrate his life!
5. Martin Luther King Dream Cards (Parenting Chaos) – This dream card activity focuses on everyone is different and how we should treat people.
More Martin Luther King Preschool Activities And Ideas
6. Martin Luther King Paper Doll Chains (Naturally Educational)
7. I Have a Dream Handprints (Seeds Network) – This project where different colored hands are painted is a great addition to a celebration of Martin Luther King Day, or any discussion on peace, friendship and diversity.
8. Handprint Dream Catcher (Kid’s Creative Chaos) – Looking for a Martin Luther King Day craft for kids? This dreamcatcher handprint craft will help you start a dialogue on multi-cultural inclusion and the importance of dreams.
9. Community Service Ideas for Kids (Discovering the World Through My Son’s Eyes)
10. Learning About Martin Luther King, Jr. (Teach Preschool) – After learning about MLK, have your students make dream clouds and talk about peace.
Follow my Martin Luther King Jr Pinterest Board for more great ideas!