Are you looking forward to the new year? Here’s a countdown of activities you can use with preschoolers to celebrate the new year (before or after December 31). Calendar and time concepts are important math ideas and thinking about the changing of months and years can help build those concepts.
Activities to Celebrate the New Year in Preschool
10. Celebration Play Dough (Buggy and Buddy) – Make and use play dough with glitter and confetti
9. New Year’s Interviews (Naturally Educational) – Record kids’ favorite colors, memories, and activities
8. Noise Makers (Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails – Make bottle shakers to make some noise on New Years (or anytime)
7. Party Horn Skyscrapers (Left Brain Craft Brain) – Build tall structures with party horns
6. Fireworks Painting (Fantastic Fun and Learning) – Paint with chenille stems bent to look like fireworks
5. New Years Counting Game Printable (JDaniel4’s Mom) – Use this number printable for counting and other games
4. Silver and Gold Homemade Slime (Fun-a-Day) – Create homemade shiny slime for fun sensory play
3. New Years’ Water Bead Play (Still Playing School) – Scoop and pour water beads into plastic party glasses (on a light table!)
2. Fizzy Science Party Play (Little Bins for Little Hands) – Make baking soda fizzy liquid for pouring and stirring
1. New Years Eve Party Sensory Bin (Pre-K Pages) – Explore a sensory bin filled with party-related items…and a few surprises
0. New Years Counting Memory Game (Pre-K Pages) – Search under glittery party hats to find matching groups of items
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Follow my New Year’s Eve Pinterest Board for more great ideas!