Rain Gutter Book Display
Welcome to Make and Take Monday! Today I’m going to show you how to make a quick and easy book display for your classroom using rain gutters.
You will need the following materials:
- Plastic rain gutters from the home improvement store
- Special scissors to cut your gutters to the correct length, or a very helpful home improvement store employee who will do it for you
- End caps for the rain gutters
- Electric screw driver or drill for attaching the gutters to the wall
- Measuring tape
- Books and stuffed characters to display
First, measure the area you will be using to display your books. Next, purchase and cut your rain gutters to size. Now, attach the end caps to the rain gutters. Finally, attach the rain gutters to the wall using your electric drill or screwdriver.
My favorite place to find affordable hardcover books and matching stuffed characters is Kohl’s. The Kohl’s Cares for Kids program donates 100 % of the profits from the sale of the books and stuffed animals to health and education initiatives for children nationwide.
Check out my Pinterest board for more classroom decorating tips!
Follow Vanessa @pre-kpages.com’s board Classroom Decor on Pinterest.