Do you need developmentally appropriate science activities and lessons? This done-for-you rocks and fossils science unit fosters inquiry and encourages your little learners to explore and investigate using fun, hands-on activities.
Age-appropriate book suggestions for read aloud are also included.
Rocks and Fossils: Skills Addressed
The following scientific process skills are addressed throughout the unit:
- Problem Solving
What You Get
- Teacher Instructions Page
- 1 Rocks and Fossils Scientific Process Skills Poster
- 1 Rocks and Fossils Learning Objectives Poster
- 1 Week of Rocks and Fossil Lessons
- Rocks and Fossils Set Up Instructions
- Rocks and Fossils Scientific Vocabulary Cards
- Rocks and Fossils Printable Science Notebooks (2 sizes, b/w only)
- Rocks and Fossils Non-Fiction Book (2 sizes, color)
- 4 Rocks and Fossils Posters (color)
- 1 “I Can…” Poster (color + b/w)
- 1 Set of “I Can…” Science Center Task Cards (color)
- 2 Rocks and Fossils Pocket Chart Activities (color)
- Rocks Nature Walk Activity (b/w)
- Making Fossils Activity
- Weighing Rocks Activity
- Rock Sorting Activity
- Labels and Tabs for Organization
Make learning about rocks and fossils fun with 57 pages of done-for-you science lessons for your preschool, pre-k, or kindergartgen students.