These Fairy Tale Play Dough Task Cards offer a fun, engaging, and hands-on way for your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students to practice important fine motor and literacy skills.
You can use these task cards for individual work, morning tubs, fine motor tubs, small group, table time, arrival activities, rainy day activities, literacy centers – and more!
Fine motor skills are an important component of the pre-writing process. As your little learners roll and manipulate the play dough into the correct shapes on each task card, they’ll be developing the control and strength in their hands necessary to hold writing tools and scissors.
Each play dough task card also includes additional beginning sound practice for differentiation. If your students aren’t ready for this portion you can just cut it off.
Ideas for Use
- Centers: Print the task cards of your choice, laminate, and place in your fine motor or literacy center.
- Individual Work Boxes: Shrink the pages down to fit inside a plastic supply box. Place the pages inside the box along with individual amounts of play dough. Students can use their own supply boxes for independent work.
- Remote Learning: Shrink the pages, print, and send home along with individual amounts of play dough.
These play dough task cards will help your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students develop important fine motor skills.
Fairy Tales Included
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears (7 cards, color + b/w)
- Little Red Hen (7 cards, color + b/w)
- Three Little Pigs (8 cards, color + b/w)
- Jack and the Beanstalk (8 cards, color + b/w)
- Three Billy Goats Gruff (6 cards, color + b/w)
- Little Red Riding Hood (8 cards, color + b/w)
50 pages of play dough task cards to help your preschool students develop fine motor skills. Additional beginning sounds practice also included.