Practice sight words without flash cards by using these printable, customizable sight word books with your students!
With these editable Preschool or Kindergarten sight words books you can quickly and easily create customized sight word practice for your entire class. These printable booklets will help your students learn to recognize dolch sight words and high frequency words like “the” and “you”.
(see a preview of this file here)
The student names and kindergarten sight words in this 115 page document are editable. The names and sight words you type in the class list will automatically fill in on all of the other pages throughout the book -just print, cut, and staple!
What You Get in the Sight Word Books
- Page 1: My Sight Word Book (cover page)
- Page 2: I can say each letter in the word (child will point to each letter in word as it is said aloud)
- Page 3: I can trace the word (child will trace each letter in the sight word)
- Page 4: I can rainbow write the word (child will use crayons of various colors to trace sight word)
- Page 5: I can write the word in the boxes (child will write each letter of sight word in squares provided)
- Page 6: I can write the word (child will write sight word in blank box)
- Page 7: I can make the word (child will glue letter squares to this page)
- Page 8: I can find the letters in the word (child will find the letters of the sight word and mark)
- Page 9: I can cut out the letters in the word (child will cut out letter squares and glue on page 7)
Help your students learn how to recognize high frequency sight words with these printable books.
How Does It Work?
- This document MUST be opened in Adobe Reader to be fully functional. This document WILL NOT be editable if opened with a generic or Apple-brand PDF reader.
This document WILL NOT be editable if opened in PREVIEW MODE.
- Make sure you are using the most recent version of Adobe to open your document.
- The class list has space for 24 names. Select “save as” and rename your document to use it for AM/PM classes.
- All fonts are embedded in the document, you don’t need to install any special fonts.
- Only the names of your students and the sight words are editable, fonts and images are NOT editable.
Here are some other fun ways you might use these printable sight word books in your classroom:
- Print individual pages from the books for practice sheets
- Laminate individual pages and use with dry erase markers