The picture above is from a Pre-K Pages workshop in Katy, Texas
I am available to deliver educational workshops, trainings, seminars, and in-services for Head Start, Pre-K, and Kindergarten teachers. If you would like to schedule an event please contact me by clicking on the contact tab above. My calendar fills up quickly- contact me today to reserve your date. All presentations can be customized to meet the needs of your organization with your choice of 1.5, 2, 3, or 6 hour sessions. Some sources you can use to fund a presentation are; Title 1, Technology, and Special Education.
- Vanessa served as a professional blogger for Pre-K Now at Inside Pre-K during the 2007-2008 school year.
- Vanessa has been a contributing expert for Family Energy Magazine.
Vanessa has experience writing curriculum. She designed and wrote the Pre-K Language Arts curriculum for her public school district in 2007-2008
- B.E.A.M. (Bilingual ESL Association of the Metroplex)
- TCEA (Texas Computer Education Association)
- Imperial County Department of Education, El Centro, California, 2010
- SDE: I Teach K! National Kindergarten Conference Las Vegas, Nevada 2010
- Region 10 Early Childhood Summer Institute, Richardson, Texas
- OECTA: Oklahoma Early Childhood Teacher’s Association, Tulsa, 2010
- SDE: Conference for Arkansas Kindergarten Teachers, 2011
- SHAEYC, Huntsville, Texas, 2011
- SDE: Conference for Ontario Junior and Senior Kindergarten Teachers, Toronto, 2011
- SDE: Conference for Minnesota Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, 2011
- TAEYC: Texas Association for the Education of Young Children Annual Conference, 2011
- SDE: Conference for Illinois Kindergarten Teachers, 2011
- SDE: Conference for Texas Pre-K Teachers, 2012
- SDE: Conference for Alabama Kindergarten Teachers, 2012
- CCAEYC Educator’s Forum, 2012
- SDE: Conference for New Jersey Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, 2012
- ASCD: Illinois Pre-K and Kindergarten Conference, Chicago, 2012
- SDE: I Teach K! Las Vegas, Nevada 2012
- SDE: Conference for Florida Kindergarten Teachers, 2012
- SDE: Conference for Georgia Kindergarten Teachers, 2012
- SDE: Conference for North Carolina Kindergarten Teachers, 2012
- SDE: Conference for New England Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, 2012
- SDE: Conference for Texas Kindergarten Teachers, 2013
- SDE: Conference for Maryland Pre-K Teachers, 2013
- SDE: Conference for North Carolina Pre-K Teachers, 2013
- Alabama Kindergarten Conference, 2013
- College of Charleston Annual Early Childhood Summit, 2013
- Frog Street Splash, 2013
- SDE: PK-1 CCSS Academy, 2013
For details about upcoming workshops open to the public please visit the Scheduled Presentations page.
- Alphabet Fluency Fun!
- Aligning Pre-K Instruction to the Common Core
- Makin’ Time for Nursery Rhymes
- Organize for Success!
- Keep Calm and Teach On! Classroom Management Tips & Tricks
- It’s Not Rocket Science but You Can Still Have a Blast! Simple Science Activities to Encourage Inquiry and Exploration
- 8 Secrets to Sight Word Success
- Marvelous Math Centers: Hands-on Fun for Everyone!
- Guided Reading: Building Literacy Through Small Group Instruction
- Phonological Awareness: A Recipe for Reading Success
- F.I.S.H.: Family Involvement Starts Here!
- Turn Your Writing Woes into Writing Whoas! Successful Strategies for Emergent Writers
- The Digital Natives are Restless: Using Technology to Increase Student Engagement in the Early Childhood Classroom
Please contact me for more detailed descriptions of each session.
If you would like to schedule an event please contact me by clicking on the contact tab above.