Prepare for back to school with these printable and editable student name cards.
Preparing for back to school with preschoolers? Do you use name cards in your classroom? This editable document will help you quickly and easily create a customized student name card for each child in your class.
These student name cards are editable and printable, so they can be used in a variety of ways in your classroom.
Using these name cards for preschoolers helps kids learn how to recognize their names in print, an important first step in the emergent literacy process!
(see a preview of this file here)
The names you type in the class list will automatically fill in on all of the other pages throughout the document -just print and cut!
So easy to use!
- STEP 1 – Type your student’s names in the class list
- STEP 2 – Select the border color of your choice (7 to choose from)
- STEP 3 – Click the magic wand and your student’s names will automatically fill on each page!
- STEP 4 – Print the pages of your choice on cardstock
- STEP 5 – Cut out the name cards
- STEP 6 – Laminate for durability
Help your preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten students learn how to recognize their names in print with these editable name cards.
How Does It Work?
- This document MUST be opened in Adobe Reader to be fully functional. This document WILL NOT be editable if opened with a generic or Apple-brand PDF reader.
- Make sure you are using the most recent version of Adobe to open your document.
- The class list has space for 24 names. Select “save as” and rename your document to use it for AM/PM, M/W/F or TU/THU classes.
- All fonts are embedded in the document, you don’t need to install any special fonts.
- You may type your students names in all uppercase letters, or type the first letter as a capital letter and the rest lowercase to adhere to your individual program’s rules and guidelines