Do you use name cards in your classroom? This editable document will help you quickly and easily create a customized name card for each child in your class.
These editable name cards can be used in a variety of ways in your classroom.
Using name cards helps your students learn how to recognize their names in print, an important first step in the emergent literacy process!
(see a preview of this file here)
The names you type in the class list will automatically fill in on all of the other pages throughout the document -just print and cut!
So easy to use!
- STEP 1 – Type your student’s names in the class list
- STEP 2 – Select the border color of your choice (7 to choose from)
- STEP 3 – Click the magic wand and your student’s names will automatically fill on each page!
- STEP 4 – Print the pages of your choice on cardstock
- STEP 5 – Cut out the name cards
- STEP 6 – Laminate for durability
Help your preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten students learn how to recognize their names in print with these editable name cards.
How Does It Work?
- This document MUST be opened in Adobe Reader to be fully functional. This document WILL NOT be editable if opened with a generic or Apple-brand PDF reader.
- Make sure you are using the most recent version of Adobe to open your document.
- The class list has space for 24 names. Select “save as” and rename your document to use it for AM/PM, M/W/F or TU/THU classes.
- All fonts are embedded in the document, you don’t need to install any special fonts.
- You may type your students names in all uppercase letters, or type the first letter as a capital letter and the rest lowercase to adhere to your individual program’s rules and guidelines