Block Center materials and organization tips for your preschool, pre-k, Head Start or kindergarten classroom.
Pictured in the middle of the top shelf is the block center sign, read more about how the center signs here.
Traffic signs in the block center will provide a print rich environment for your students as well as offer opportunities for identifying environmental print.
Vehicles in the Block Center
Adding vehicles in your block center will provide your students with opportunities to develop oral language skills as well as problem solving and creativity.
Communication and Problem Solving in the Block Center
This Roadway puzzle set is ideal for groups of students to work together, communicate, and problem solve. The road can be configured in many different ways offering a unique play experience each time.
Block Center Materials
Here are some of the items I have in my block center
- Transportation Books
- Fisher Price Little People Bus
- Fisher Price Fire Engine
- Fisher Price Little People Garbage Truck
- Fisher Price Little People Dump Truck
- Soft Blocks- Soft blocks are very quiet and lightweight so nobody ever gets hurt. They also make for a quick and easy clean-up when you provide clearly labeled or matching colored tubs for the students to place them in.
- Cardboard Bricks
- Block Play People
- Guidecraft Block Play Traffic Signs
- Guidecraft Roadway System
More Centers from Pre-K Pages