Printable Classroom Newsletters for Preschool and Kindergarten
As teachers it is our job to keep parents informed about what is happening in the classroom.
Using a classroom newsletter will help:
- Increase parent attendance at school events
- Increase attendance at parent-teacher conferences
- Increase response to requests for money or supplies
- Keep your parents informed of classroom and school news
- Increase response to requests for volunteers or field trip chaperones
There are many ways to communicate and share classroom information with parents, the most popular method is a weekly or monthly classroom newsletter. Many preschool and kindergarten teachers write newsletters with varied results. The teachers who experience the most success with newsletters are those who follow this simple formula:
- Send newsletters on a consistent basis. Either weekly or monthly but always on the same day.
- Break up text into small, bite-sized chunks using text boxes.
- Use clip-art to add meaning to the text and make the newsletter more appealing to your readers, this will also help your parents who are not native English speakers.
- Introduce and explain the newsletter to the parents at your open house or orientation event and show examples.
- Publish exciting news about individual students in your newsletter to engage your audience (birthdays, honor roll, thank you)
- Keep electronic copies of all newsletters so you can re-use clip-art and ideas from year to year.
- Ask parents if they prefer to receive the newsletter electronically. Collect e-mail addresses from those interested and send the newsletter to them as an attachment.
- Publish your newsletter to your classroom website or blog.
- Never write your newsletters by hand.
The 41 page Newsletter Packet in .PPTX format includes templates for each month of the year including June, July, and August. The templates are in PowerPoint format so you can add your own text to personalize the newsletters.
This packet includes one template for each month with section headers and clipart and one without. There are also extra versions of certain months that include holidays such as October, November, December, April, July, and May. These months include extra templates that are acceptable for use in public or non US schools. Featuring the adorable clipart created by Diane J. Hook of DJ Inkers. License # 0812169185
Please watch the video tutorial that explains how to edit this document HERE
** Note to Purchaser: You cannot change the layout or template of the document. This file is offered in PowerPoint format to allow you to easily add text to each page for personalization. Please make sure you can add text in your version of PowerPoint and you don’t have a Read-Only version. If you do not have PowerPoint or do not know how to use PowerPoint please do not purchase this product. **
Please read the Product FAQ’s before you make a purchase. Upon purchasing you will immediately receive a download link to retrieve your product. Please make sure you have the appropriate program on your computer to open this PowerPoint file. All orders are sent digitally; you will not receive anything in the US mail.
Parent Communication and Involvement Ideas from Pre-K Pages