Did you know that October is fire prevention month? You can help your preschoolers or kindergartners think about fire safety and the important job that firefighters do. Check out these fire safety preschool activities as you plan for your unit of study all about firefighters, fire prevention, and fire safety.
Fire Safety Preschool Activities
These fire safety themed preschool activities include engaging lessons, fire safety crafts, math games and more.
1. Fire Safety Activities (Pre-K Pages) – If your little learners love fire trucks, fire stations and all things fire related then you need to add these fun activities to your lesson plans!
2. Fire Safety Scavenger Hunt (Pre-K Pages) – This free, printable fire safety scavenger hunt sheet is a fun way for kids to practice their newly acquired fire safety knowledge!
4. Fire Truck Letter Matching Activity (Pre-K Pages) – This free fire truck letter matching printable will help your students learn to identify letters and develop fine motor skills at the same time.
5. Fire Truck Counting Game (Pre-K Pages) – In this activity, children will explore fire trucks and firefighters with a counting game.
6. Fire Safety Picture-Word Cards (Prekinders) – These Fire Safety Word Cards set includes 18 words!
7. Fire Truck Fun (Teach Preschool) – You can’t celebrate fire safety week in preschool without spending time exploring firetrucks!
8. DIY Fire Extinguishers (for Dramatic Play) (Teach Preschool) -Make your fire safety week fun and interactive with these neat ideas!
9. Stop, Drop, and Roll (Teach Preschool) – Practice fire safety with stop, drop, and roll and more of these real world concept ideas.
Preschool Activities for Fire Safety Theme
These fire safety themed activities for your preschool classroom include lessons like alphabet games, printable books, and more.
10. Fire Station I Spy (Munchkins and Moms) This free printable is perfect to accompany a visit to a fire station.
11. Rescue the Alphabet Game (Mom Inspired Life) – Kids love to pretend they are community helpers and one of their favorites is firefighters. Rescue the Alphabet Game is a fun way to combine pretend firefighter play and learning.
12. Doll House Fire Safety (Still Playing School) – After a trip to the fire station, practice fire safety with dolls you have at home!
13. Books About Fire Trucks (Growing Book by Book) – Here are some of our favorite books about those big red (usually) engines!
14. Fire Station Printable Book (Growing Book by Book) – Fire Prevention Week is in October each year. The beginning of the school year is also a time of working on basic counting and number writing in many early childhood settings. And there is a free printable!
15. ABCs of Fire Safety (Little Bins for Little Hands) – Here is a variety of fire safety play and activities so you can spend time together talking about ways to keep safe during the event of a fire.
16. Fire Safety Activities (JDaniel4’s Mom) – Here are fire themed learning activities and book designed to help children learn about fire safety.
18. Fire Drill Activity (Sunny Day Family) – With a fun book to read together, you can discuss what to do during a fire drill!
19. Three Easy Fire Safety Activities (Lalymom) – Here are three fun engaging fire safety activities, like fire cup knockdown!
20. Printable Fire Safety Booklet (Teaching Mama) – When you are practicing fire safety in your classroom these activities are focused around the letter, F to accompany it!
21. DIY Oxygen Tank for Pretend Play Firefighting (Crayon Box Chronicles) – Your little preschooler will feel just like a real firemen with this DIY oxygen tank made from a recycled 2-liter bottle.