Planning for, preparing, and conducting parent conferences can be overwhelming and stressful. Teachers often have many questions and concerns about parent conferences such as:
- What should I talk about?
- How do you schedule parent conferences?
- How do I prepare for parent conferences?
- What about difficult students?
- How do I tell parents their child is struggling?
Based on my experience and the questions above I have created a step-by-step process that will help you conduct successful parent conferences.
The Parent Conference Packet will help you:
- Schedule parent conferences by providing you with example notes and e-mails to use in various situations
- Save time by providing the tools necessary to schedule, plan, and conduct successful parent conferences
- Communicate with parents in a professional, confident manner that will put them at ease
- Discuss difficult topics with parents such as poor grades or low assessment scores
This packet is offered in PDF format. The ten page Parent Conference Packet includes:
- Scheduling Conferences: How to make it work for you. Provides 4 different ways to schedule conferences to fit the needs of the population you work with.
- Conference Notes and Forms: Provides samples of notes you can copy, paste, and alter to meet your needs.
- Preparing for Conferences: Organizing tips, handout ideas, and a sample reminder note and e-mail
- Starting Off Positively: Specific phrases for starting your conferences off on a positive note as well as tips for handling parents who want the bad news first
- Difficult Conferences: Tips for informing parents their child is struggling and an example conversation.
- Sticking to Your Schedule: How to stay on time and keep everything running smoothly
- Missed Conference: How to handle when parents don’t show up for a scheduled conference as well as a sample note and e-mail.
- Conference Follow Up: How to thank parents for their attendance, a sample note that will bring in the no-shows, as well as a personal e-mail.
- Documenting Conferences: A form for keeping track of your conferences
Please read the Product FAQ’s before you make a purchase. Upon purchasing you will immediately receive a download link to retrieve your product. Please note all orders are sent digitally; you will not receive anything in the US mail.
Visit the Teacher Resource store for more printables.
Parent Communication and Involvement Resources from Pre-K Pages
Parent Communication Resources