Are you looking for easy, age-appropriate Field Day games and activities with your preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten kids? This is a question I receive frequent requests for help with near the end of the school year.
Here are some of my favorite field day activities for a fun-filled, low-stress field day with young children!
Field Day Activities for Preschool
- Parachute play is a great way to promote teamwork and to get those large muscles moving, not to mention tons of fun!
- Wow! Take a look at all these hula hoop games. Great gross motor activities for preschoolers!
- Try a simple bean bag toss. This fun game supports motor development and can easily be adapted to practice many academic skills like colors, shapes and letters.
- An alphabet relay game is a fun way for toddlers and preschoolers to learn letters! It is very easy to set up and sure to be a huge hit with your kids!
- Have you ever thought about making a giant human board game? All you need is chalk!
- Not using your pool noodles yet? Well, even if you are, this pool noodle backyard obstacle course is a great addition to any field day!
- The ultimate activity is water balloons! These number and water balloons are perfect for playing and learning outdoors.
- While you’ve got those water balloons out, invite friends over or make this a class activity. You can never have too many water balloon ideas.
- This outdoor obstacle course combines pool noodles and water balloons (plus plastic hoops) for a fun outdoor activity.
- No field day would be complete without huge bubbles. Yes BUBBLES!
- Got dandelions? We also love this outdoor counting race which is great for groups of children.
- How about a homemade tie-dye t-shirt to commemorate your fun field day? These easy, DIY t-shirts use science and you only need 3 things to make them!
Looking for a theme? This circus obstacle course has plenty of ideas!
Feeling brave? A little dirt never hurt anyone! Don’t be afraid to get messy with a mud target practice for kids.
Having a field day is a great way to end your school year, your kids will never forget it!
Need help planning for a preschool or kindergarten graduation?
Check out my Printable Graduation Party Planning Guide for step-by-step directions and editable printables to make planning for a graduation a breeze!