Are you looking for fun, and memorable keepsakes your kids can make? Tie-dye t-shirts are perfect keepsakes to make with kids for the end of the school year, summer school, summer camp, or Vacation Bible School.
On the surface it may seem like just a cool craft for kids. They’ll have fun and end up with a cute shirt to wear that commemorates something special. But there’s so much more to tie dying with kids than just that!
Keepsake Tie-Dye T-Shirts
There are multiple ways to do tie dye – which are all great educational experiences and science experiments. You can use pieces of nature like rocks and leaves to make imprints or color with Sharpie markers and then wet them so the colors bleed.
You can even fill squirt guns with the dye and let the kids go wild on t-shirts hanging on a line!
For traditional tie dying, with Tulip dyes and tying up shirts, there are several different designs you can create, such as a rainbow, a Mickey Mouse head, or even bursts of color that look like fireworks.
These tie dye tutorials are guaranteed to be fun for all kids, young and old!
How to Make Tie-Dye T-Shirts
- Inner Child Fun – How to Tie Dye a Shirt – Here is a tutorial to show how to tie dye a shirt, a classic Summer craft to try to with the kids! These tips for keeping the mess to a minimum are a great way to maximize the fun!
- Kids Activities Blog – Color Spray Tie Dying – This Color Spray science/art experiment was so simple that my preschoolers were able to replicate it at home easily.
- Babble Dabble Do – Science Art – Sharpie Tie Dye Color Experiment – Sharpie Tie Dye projects have been very popular on the web in past years because they are a really easy and fast way to create tie dye effects on fabric, but have you ever considered using them for a color mixing science experiment?
- The Pinterested Parent – Natural Tie Dye Shirts – Use items in nature to create beautiful nature resist art and t-shirts. This is a wonderful project for people of all ages.
- I Love to Create Blog – Knot and Tie Galaxy Tie Dye Shirt – Skip the typical white tie dye t-shirt and go for this galaxy black tie dye t-shirt instead!
- Mom Endeavors – DIY Ombre Tie Dye T-shirt – Perfect tie dye t-shirt activity for your preschoolers to explore with these ombre colors!
- Doodle Craft Blog – Stripes Tie Dye Shirt – Make these patriotic striped tie dye t-shirts, perfect for the 4th of July!
- 3 Little Green Woods – Squirt Gun Tie Dye Technique – There are easy table decorations, fun Tie Dye Cookies to eat, and an awesome Squirt Gun Tie Dye Technique for DIY Tie Dye T-shirts!
- Kids Activities Blog – Mickey Mouse Tie Dye Shirts – Planning a trip to a Disney Park? Make a set of these Mickey Head Tie Dye shirts for your whole group & stand out from the crowd!
- Making Life Blissful- 4th of July Tie Dye Shirt – The best part about these DIY 4th of July t-shirts is that the kidlets can make their own. There really is no wrong way to make it. Let the kids craft away the day!
- I Love to Create Blog – Ice Dying Tie Dye Shirt – Create unique and amazing colors and patterns with Snow and Ice Dyeing it’s a super easy and fun way to dye fabric.
Which tutorial or design is your favorite?
Need help planning for a preschool or kindergarten graduation? Check out my Printable Graduation Party Planning Guide for step-by-step directions and editable printables to make planning for a graduation a breeze!