Do your kids love learning about animals and habitats? Winter is the perfect time to introduce your kids to the wonders of the polar bear! Here are 25 of my favorite polar bear preschool activities – crafts, snacks, and other activities to use at home or in the classroom for learning and fun!
Don’t forget to check out the live Polar Bear Cam at the San Diego Zoo while you’re at it.
25 Polar Bear Preschool Activities
1. Polar Bear Hot Cocoa (Mom Endeavors) – Hot cocoa just got more fun when you turn your marshmallows into polar bears!
2. How Do Arctic Animals Stay Warm? (I Can Teach My Child) – A fun science experiment to see how arctic animals stay warm in the winter.
3. Polar Bear Cupcakes (One Little Project) – A fun easy cupcake decorating project to turn ordinary cupcakes into polar bear paws.
4. Snow Slime (Frugal Fun for Boys) – Here’s a fun winter activity for kids – snow slime made with with liquid starch and glue, and this snow slime variation has a neat texture and really looks like snow.
5. Cotton Ball Polar Bear (Artsy Momma) – Celebrate International Polar Bear Day with this fluffy paper plate polar bear craft!
6. Shaving Cream Polar Bear (Parenting Chaos) – Have fun playing and creating these shaving cream polar bears.
7. Polar Bear Masks (I Heart Crafty Things) – Grab some tissue paper and other household items to make adorable polar bear masks.
8. Polar Bear Sounds Activity (Growing Book by Book) – Get your bodies moving with this super versatile polar bear sound activity. This game can be played five different ways to build phonological awareness!
9. Polar Bear Craft (Fireflies and Mudpies) – With a few cottonballs and a free polar bear outline this polar bear craft is fun and easy to make.
10. Polar Bear Melting Ice (Kitchen Counter Chronicle) – A great activity to show and discuss melting sea ice that is affecting polar bears.
11. Cardboard Tube Craft (Crafts by Amanda) – A fun easy craft project to recycle old toilet paper tubes.
12. Arctic Animals Printables (Gift of Curiousity) – This arctic animals printable pack is a great resource to add to your polar bear themed unit in your classroom.
13. Nutter Butter Polar Bears (Hungry Happening) – Transform a storebought cookie into a fun festive polar bear treat!
14. Arctic Sensory Writing Tray (Fun-A-Day) – This sensory writing tray is easy to set up and lets kids practice emerging writing skills.
15. Puffy Paint Polar Bear Handprint Activity– (Fun Handprint Art) Your preschoolers will love using their own handprint to make these puffy paint polar bears.
16. Polar Bear Sharing Game (Rainy Day Mum) – A fun hands on sharing activity with a free printable.
17. Polar Bear Paw Counting (Little Family Fun) – An easy to create counting game to go along with your polar bear theme.
18. Polar Bear Math Game (The Educators Spin on It) – This Polar Bear Math Game adds a little gross motor movement in for your kinesthetic learners and to help keep kids active and moving throughout the day.
19. Polar Bear Finger Puppet (I Heart Crafty Things) – These cute Polar Bear Finger Puppets are not only a great winter kids craft but they are perfect combined with a favorite children’s book about Polar Bears.
20. Polar Bear Facts (Itsy Bitsy Fun) – Fun polar bear facts with a free printable.
22. Polar Bear Paper Craft (Easy Peasy Fun) – Some ripped paper and glue is all you need to have fun making this polar bear paper craft
23. Why Are Polar Bears White? (Still Playing School) – If your preschoolers have ever wondered about this question, this is the perfect lesson to answer it!
24. Polar Bear Science (Sugar Aunts) – What color is the polar bear skin and why? Have your preschoolers discover these answers!
25. Small World (The Pleasantest Thing) – Create an arctic world for your kids, even in the middle of summer, with this pretend play idea.