It’s fall! Whether the leaves are falling in your area or not, you can have lots of fun learning opportunities that use a leaf-theme. Check out this “pile” of leaf ideas. These twenty Fall activities for preschoolers are perfect for a Fall them in your classroom.
Fall Leaf Activities
1. Fall Leaves Art Activity (Pre-K Pages) –Invite your children to explore fall with with this fun fall leaf art exploration. All you need to do is provide a few simple materials and invite your children to create anything they choose!
2. Exploring Music with Leaves (Pre-K Pages)- What child doesn’t love jumping and crunching in leaves!?! With this fall music activity you can turn this classic fall activity into an opportunity for preschoolers to explore music, dance, and the emotions that come with it.
3. Fall Leaves Play Dough Invitation (Pre-K Pages)-Now that the leaves are beginning to change color, I thought my children would enjoy the opportunity to play with this fall leaves play dough invitation.
4. Fall Leaves Snack Activity (Pre-K Pages)- Fall is such a beautiful season to investigate in preschool! The changing colors of the leaves often become a source of inspiration for our art projects, book selections, science investigations, and even our snack ideas! This Fall Leaves snack activity is the perfect way to lead into the season!
5. Leaves Math Activity (Pre-K Pages)- Children are naturally curious about the world around them. When you use things found in the natural environment to teach basic concepts, it is easier to capture and hold the attention of young children. Using leaves in the fall or spring is a perfect example. Here’s a fun leaf math activity your kids will love!
6. Leaves Fine Motor Play (Pre-K Pages)- It’s fall and a time when you can use leaves in fun activities. Setting up a fall fine motor sensory bin with leaves and kitchen utensils is a great way to introduce signs of the new season to children and to work on their all-important fine motor skills.
7. Fall Tree Letter Matching (Pre-K Pages)-This fall tree letter matching activity is a fun and simple way to practice letter recognition with young children. The final product is a beautiful fall tree that can be displayed for all to see!
8. Fall Leaf Counting Activity (Pre-K Pages)- This fall tree letter matching activity is a fun and simple way to practice letter recognition with young children. The final product is a beautiful fall tree that can be displayed for all to see!
9. Fall Leaves Soup (And Next Comes L)- This Fall sensory bin is simple to make and a great fine motor activity too!
10. Fall Leaves Using Black Glue (Mess for Less)-Use black glue to then create these Fall leaves for a fun pre-k art project!
Fall Activities For Preschoolers
11. Fall Leaf Lacing (Rhythms of Play)-This easy sewing project for kids is a fun Autumn activity!
12. Fall Leaves Busy Box (Still Playing School)-This activity will keep your little ones busy and have them practice their fine motor skills!
13. Leaf Sun Catcher (Fantastic Fun and Learning)-Your preschoolers will love creating these beautiful leaf window sun catchers
14. Leaf Maze (Happy Hooligans)-Rake the leaves and create a fun maze for your kids to find their way out of!
15. Fall Leaves Alphabet Activity (Mom Inspired Life) Practice learning the letters of the alphabet with these Fall leaves!
16. Leaf Lantern (Teaching Mama) –With a little mod podge, and a mason jar you can create these beautiful leaf lanterns this Fall!
17. Fall Leaves at the Light Table (Teach Preschool)-Explore the colors of Fall with this light table activity!
18. Building Language Skills with Fall Leaves (Playing with Words 365)-Help build language skills with this Fall leaf activity!
19. Fall Fine Motor: Leaf Sand Art (Prekinders)-Here are 9 Fall motor activities to explore with your preschoolers!
20.8 Leaf Activities For Preschoolers (Teaching Mama) – Here are 8 more leaf activities to explore!