Here’s a fun game for celebrating Halloween with your kids at home or in the classroom. This Halloween bingo game is perfect for playing with small groups of young children.
I also created a black and white version for you because ink is expensive! Keep reading to download the printable Halloween bingo game.
Did you know that playing bingo games in the classroom supports the development of listening skills, self-regulation, and visual discrimination? Yep, there’s plenty of learning that takes place when playing bingo!
Ask an adult or older child to supervise this small group game for Halloween learning and fun.
Playing bingo with young children can be tricky, all that listening and following directions stuff is hard!
I have the most success playing bingo with small groups of children.
Playing bingo with small groups is more cost effective because you don’t use as much ink printing mats and you don’t have to buy as many manipulatives.
Printable Halloween Bingo Game
Bingo is a great way to introduce children to the concept of playing games because there are few rules and each player has his or her own game board.
Supplies Needed (Color version)
- Laminating film and laminating machine
- Printable color version of the Halloween Bingo Game (download below)
For the color version, print the bingo mats on cardstock first, cut out the mats, and then laminate for durability.
Supplies Needed for (Black and White)
- Copy paper
- Crayons or Do-a-Dot markers
- Printable black and white version of the Halloween Bingo Game
Start by giving one Halloween bingo mat to each child in your small group.
Next, place a bowl or basket of manipulatives to use as bingo chips in the center of the table so all the children can easily reach them.
I used candy corn and Pumpkin Mellowcremes but you can use whatever is most suitable for your kids.
For the black and white version, give crayons or one Do-a-Dot marker to each child. Do-a-Dot markers are very fun and engaging
for young children, they just love using these little paint filled markers to search for pictures on their bingo mat!
Then, demonstrate how to listen to the bingo caller, then search for an image on your bingo mat and cover with a candy or mark
if the image is found. You may need to demonstrate this process for your children a few times to ensure success.
Finally, start playing and let the fun begin!
Download Halloween Bingo
More Halloween Ideas
- 5 Little Pumpkins Halloween Sensory Bin – Your little learners will have a blast retelling the rhyme Five Little Pumpkins with this Halloween themed sensory bin! They’ll be developing their fine motor and oral language skills as they retell the rhyme. Setting up this sensory bin experience at home or in your preschool classroom is super simple and loads of fun!
- Halloween Sensory Bin with Spaghetti – Need Halloween sensory play ideas for your preschool classroom? You can make this easy colored spaghetti for a super fun Halloween themed sensory bin. This squishy Halloween sensory spaghetti is sure to be a big hit with your kids!
- Halloween Sensory Bottle – Halloween can be loads of fun in the classroom with all the cute crafts and activities. Here’s a super quick and easy Halloween sensory bottle you can make to help kids who may become overstimulated by all the activity in the classroom during this time of year.
- Halloween Fine Motor Activities for Preschool – Kids can use fine motor skills all day, but doing the same thing over and over can cause children to lose interest. These activities are fun experiences for October that will help build fine motor skills. These are perfect for a fall theme or Halloween theme. And, since many of the items are from the dollar store, you can stock up your morning work baskets or centers.