This is a super simple spider or Halloween idea for promoting fine motor skills in young children.
It’s also a fun way to get your kids to exercise the muscles in their hands, fingers, and arms that are necessary for holding a pencil and writing- or fine motor skills.
Supplies Needed for Spider Web for Rubbing Template
- Elmer’s Liquid Glue
- Black Construction Paper
- White Crayons (peeled)
I used white cardstock because that is what I had available but you will probably be better off using a different color so your web is more visible.
How to Create the Spider Web Rubbing Template
- Squeeze the liquid glue on to the cardstock to create a spider’s web template
- After the web is dry attach the template to the easel
- Place the black paper on top of the web template and secure
- Pinch the peeled white crayon between your fingers with the long side flat on the paper
- Rub the white crayon back and forth and up and down across the black paper until a spider web appears
Tips for Using Spider Web Rubbing Template
I suggest explaining and demonstrating the activity to your students first. I don’t know if you can tell in the picture at the top but I had a few cuties who didn’t understand you had to cover the template with a piece of paper
Of course, this activity could be changed up to go along with almost any theme, I’m thinking turkeys at Thanksgiving, snowmen, hearts- the sky’s the limit!
More Halloween Resources:
Fun with Pumpkins and Markers
Halloween Visual Discrimination Printable
Halloween Classroom Party Treats
Healthy Halloween Party Treats Printable
Pumpkin Patch Dramatic Play
Halloween I-Spy Bottle Activity Printable
10 Non-Candy Halloween Treat Alternatives
Teacher Halloween Costumes
Spider Activities for Kids
Printable “You’ve Been Boo’d” Sign
Follow my Halloween board on Pinterest for more great ideas!