Sensory Table for Preschool, Pre-K, and Kindergarten
DIY Sensory Table
Sensory Table ideas for your preschool, pre-k, Head Start or kindergarten classroom.
PVC Sensory Table
Pictured at the top you can see our homemade Sensory Table using PVC.
Below you can see a student using Moon Sand in the Sensory Table.
What do you put in your sensory table?
Here are some suggestions for filling your sensory table:
- Moon Sand
- Colored rice (use rubbing alcohol and food coloring to color)
- Water with ice cubes for winter unit
- Strips of holiday wrapping paper and bows for holiday unit
- Dirt with plastic gardening tools, plastic pots
- Dirt with plastic snakes and bugs
- Insta Snow
- Colored pom-pom’s & plastic tongs
- Easter grass and plastic eggs with surprises hidden inside
- Packing peanuts
- Shredded paper
- Various sizes of gourds for fall
- Chow Mein noodles
Sensory Table Tools
Tools to put in your Sensory Table:
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Turkey basters
Sensory Table Resources
More Centers from Pre-K Pages